Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Non stress test

Monday was our first non stress test. They hook you up to monitors to measure the baby's heart rate and to measure contractions. This is about a 20-30 min test. Everytime he moves I have to push a button. They basically want to see he heart rate increase when he moves so the whole point of it is for him to move. Well they hooked me up and he moved like crazy for the first 5 minutes then he decided to take a nap. They came in and poked at him to see if they could wake him. Well that didn't work so they got got what hey call the "baby buzzer.". They put it on my stomach and sounded this buzzer to scare him...I think it worked. He jumped so bad that I thought he was coming out of my stomach...poor little guy. The test was fine and I will have to get these done 2 times a week until I deliver.

We go back to the MFM doctor tomorrow for our first biophysical ultrasound. This is a big/important ultrasound. It will measure a number of things such as his movements, amniotic fluid, his muscle tone, breathing, and they will look at the flow of the umbilical cord. So prayers for tomorrow.

Today I am thankful for being pregnant...32 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment